Children’s Aid Society was organized in 1890 to provide homes for orphaned children. Since then, the mission has remained the same: To identify and provide programs to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
Children’s Aid Society is a private non-profit agency governed by a volunteer board of directors and is a member of the Clearfield County Collaboration & Prevention Board and the Clearfield/Jefferson Drug-Free Communities Coalition, which work on Communities That Care prevention strategies.
The agency participates in:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- SWAN (Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network)
- PACCA (Pennsylvania Association of Child Care Agencies)
- North American Council on Adoptable Children
- Council on Accreditation
- Joint Council on International Children’s Services
- PA Family Support Alliance
- Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Agencies
- Clearfield County Local Inter-agency Coordinating Council
- United Way Member Agency
The Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Licenses us as a Day Care Center, Adoption Agency, Foster Care and Private Children and Youth Serving Agency.