Benefits of Pre-K Counts
Why should you choose Pre-K Counts? Children who come to kindergarten without all the skills they need often stay behind and struggle in school. Quality pre-kindergarten prepares children for reading and math, but also for paying attention, following directions, and getting along with others. Pre-kindergarten gives children a chance to learn, become excited about school and be better students. By enrolling your child in a pre-kindergarten, he or she has a better chance of being ready for school. Research has shown that high quality pre-kindergarten programs prepare children to succeed in school and life.
Children who participate in high quality pre-kindergarten are more likely to:
- score higher on academic achievement tests
- graduate from high school
- attend college or career training
- own a home
- maintain steady employment.
You can start your child on this path to a strong future right now by enrolling him or her in our PA Pre-K Counts classroom!
What can I expect from a Pre-K Counts classroom?
- Teachers with the experience and expertise to teach young children
- A curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially
- Regular reviews of your child’s progress and the ability to choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child
- Help to adjust you and your child to pre-kindergarten and a smooth transition to kindergarten
- Small class size so children can have plenty of one-on-one time with teachers
Pre-K Counts Schedule
Children’s Aid Society, Pre-K Counts Program is a full-day program which runs Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Parents are responsible for transportation for their child to and from the class site each day. Classes run 180 days per year concurrent with the schedule of Clearfield Area School District.
Before and after child care may be available through our Child Care Program.
Children are served a nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack. Daily schedule incorporates free choice center time, circle time, theme-related activities and I Can Problem-Solve curriculum activities. Gross motor activities, including outside play time, are an important part of each day. Rest time is also part of the daily routine.